Monday, November 29, 2010

My Favorite Nuances

Today has been very typical day in the Greene household leaving me with very little to write about, but I felt like writing so here is some random stuff to chew on.

I guess I'll open by saying that some really strange things have been happening around lately. Some minor, and some...well, you tell me. On our way to Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving I was driving on 63, a two lane road from Batavia to Geneseo, when the car kept swerving to the left right in front of large trucks and only in front of large trucks. I obviously continued to regain control before anything bad happened, but it was more than just wind. After this happened about four times in a row, we pulled off the road to check the tires and discovered that, not only were the tires all fine, but there was ZERO wind. As we drove on, we decided to pray and rebuke whatever it was in the name of Jesus. It never happened again. I'm not usually a paranoid person, but I couldn't help but think that Satan was trying to kills us! So praise God for His protection.

Now I'm coming down from the Thanksgiving hangover. I didn't want to go to bed last night, a result of several late nights of playing Apples to Apples with my family over the break, and I didn't want to workout this morning. Both things eventually happened and I dragged myself back into my regular routing...kicking and screaming.

My feet have been cold all day. This always leaves me reciting Dr. Seuss, "My shoe is off. My foot is cold. I have a bird I like to hold." If you're a mom or dad, chances are you know the lines.
 
I discovered that I could (maybe) lose weight if I listen to music and dance while doing the dishes. But then I wondered if people could see me through the windows, and if they could, I wondered what it looked like. Because while my bottom half is moving and shaking, my top half has to remain pretty steady to wash the dishes, so it probably looked a lot like I was trying desperately not to pee my pants.
 
While doing the dishes I was listening to songs from our computer which I take with me to the kitchen to use All Recipes. It was right in the middle of a gospel song which I don't really know, but was really groovin' to. The choir was singing about the Holy Spirit, singing, "I got the power!" when the power in the computer died and killed my worship buzz.

Then the radio in the living room, which we never use, turned on by itself at exactly 7:35 pm for the third night in a row. I have no idea how an alarm could even be set on there, and I'm quite certain I didn't do it.

This evening Elijah kept asking to listen to his "nuances." I've heard this before, and I knew what he was talking about, but for some reason tonight it took me a few minutes to realize that he was talking about his nursery rhyme DVD that I play for them sometimes. "May I have nuances, please?" was all I heard for several minutes before I finally popped it in, then to hear, "It's time to sing, dance, and play with your favorite friends today, so come along and sing your favorite songs!" And Chastity and Elijah start to dance, which makes the annoying DVD one of my very favorite things.

I love those kids. They wake up and "read" books to each other before I come get them. The other day when I was giving them each their yogurt, I went to give Elijah a bite, and he said, "No. Ladies first, Mommy," so that I'd give Chastity her bite first. Tonight I sat like an old granny, crocheting scarves to sell, while they danced, and giggled and announced when they'd "poooooooot," rather loudly. They get into everything but say "Sowwy," as soon as I catch them. They melt my heart with their hugs and kisses, especially after I've just reprimanded them. As I sit here listening to them chatter and giggle while they drift off to sleep I can't help but think that most of this is not very extraordinary, but maybe just wonderfully ordinary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment