Friday, September 2, 2011

Everybody Gets a Humpback Whale!

Now that I've got your attention, I just realized that my one year anniversary is coming up!! First of all, please allow me to give myself a pat on the back. I not only took the first step of opening a blog account, and the second step of writing in said blog account, but was able to maintain a regular writing routine for an entire year. That's pretty exciting stuff, right there. Well, I'm excited about it anyway. :)

Many of you may remember my very first blog, Mission Statement. To this day, it is my highest ranked blog. I probably shouldn't be proud of that, since that sort of means my fan base has diminished since day one, but it was an exciting blog for me regardless. Since writing that blog, I have had my difficulties staying on task with the very mission I set out to accomplish in my writing. I have recently returned to the reason I came here to begin with, "to spread the uncommon." In other words, I have set out to make funnies out of all the mundane daily tasks that would otherwise drive me insane, and I have learned to laugh at myself.

In honor of Cure for the Common Mom's one year anniversary coming up in September, I would like to feel like Oprah for a minute...
Dane Cook knows what I'm talking about,




and give out some free stuff! Before you get too excited, they will be homemade creations...sorry, no cars this year.

Hold on! There are some important contest rules!

I've realized that I only have about 7 followers here at blogger, but many more readers. Perhaps this is because many people don't have a blogger account, or don't realize that you can sign into blogger with a google account (including gmail, google groups, or orkut). Sign in, and become an actual blogger follower, and you will automatically be entered in a drawing for the grand prize. All participants must be a follower by midnight, September 23, and the drawings will be held on my anniversary date of September 24, 2011. Those of you who are already followers are already entered!

Also, a second drawing will take place. That's right. Not one, but TWO winners! I am so full of myself that I've created a page on Facebook. For those of you who don't have any of the above mentioned accounts to sign on and become a follower, and you can't stand the thought of signing up for one more thing you have to remember a password for, then "like" my page on facebook, and you're automatically entered into drawing number two! Same dates apply. And (get this), if you are a follower on both facebook AND blogger, then you are entered into BOTH drawings!

So get to stalking following.

No comments:

Post a Comment